Training Session Sign-Ups
We will be using the MCS Training App to register all training participants this year. The only exception to this will be TCE Conference registration which will continue to use the OMS scheduling service. All sessions listed under the topics at the left have had their Course Description updated with Technology Integration Tier Level, Suggested Classroom Use, Goals & Objectives drawn from the California Standards for the Teaching Profession and from the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards for Educators 2017:
TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION LEVEL:
- Tier 1 - Using Technology to Get the Job Done,
- Tier 2 - Large Group Learning Activities and Student Productivity Use of Technology, or
- Tier 3 - Individual and Collaborative Learning Student Activities
CLASSROOM USE: I.e., Interactive curriculum presentation tool; Multimedia presentation tool; Spreadsheet application
CONNECTING TO STANDARDS
CALIFORNIA STANDARDS FOR THE TEACHING PROFESSION: (as applicable)
- CSTA1: Engaging and Supporting All Students in Learning
- CSTA2: Creating and Maintaining Effective Environments for Student Learning
- CSTA3: Understanding and Organizing Subject Matter for Student Learning
- CSTA4: Planning Instruction and Designing Learning Experiences for All Students
- CSTA5: Assessing Students for Learning
- CSTA6: Developing as a Professional Educator
ISTE STANDARDS FOR EDUCATORS: (sample below taken from the 2017 ISTE Standards for Educators)
- Designer 5a: Use technology to create, adapt and personalize learning experiences that foster independent learning and accommodate learner differences and needs.
- Facilitator 6b: Manage the use of technology and student learning strategies in digital platforms, virtual environments, hands-on makerspaces or in the field.
- Analyst 7b: Use technology to design and implement a variety of formative and summative assessments that accommodate learner needs, provide timely feedback to students and inform instruction.