The California State Library, with the help of the California Department of Education, has made available three online databases for every K-12 school in the state beginning in the 2018-2019 school year. There is no cost for this service to the schools. Online content from the following three databases will be available at school, at home, in libraries and on mobile devices for students, teachers, and administrators. This services provides a massive digital library of books, scientific research, newspaper articles, photos, videos, and more---all aligned with the curriculum that California has created for its schools.
- Teachingbooks – 90,000+ digital resources
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- ProQuest – Includes CultureGrams, eLibrary, ProQuest Central Student, SIRS Discoverer, SIRS Researcher, ProQuest Research Companion, School & Educators Complete.
- Encyclopedia Britannica
Britannica School is the go-to site for learning more about any subject—for all grades and all reading abilities—offering thousands of up-to-date, curated, and curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, recommended Web sites, and three separate databases—Elementary, Middle, or High. Escolar is the leading knowledge-building resource that is universally trusted for accurate and age-appropriate content in Spanish. Create an Individual “My Britannica” Account (Save & Share Content):
- While already in the product, click ‘My Britannica’ at the top right of the screen.
- Click ‘sign up’ and enter the requested information.
- Create a unique username/password (different from your school log-in.)
- Choose if you’re a Teacher or Student, hit OK and your personal account with be created.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Sign up for a free online training session today! Discover new features, plus a variety of ways to use Britannica School. Certificates provided! britannicalearn.com/pd
RESOURCES - Explore our broad range of free resources that allow you to get more out of learning time in the classroom and at home. britannicalearn.com/resources
Need help with ProQuest? Contact your school librarian, they would love to help!
Product training and information If you or your users need help getting started, we have a variety of resources to assist you, including:
- Live and recorded training webinars
- LibGuides for up-to-date information on ProQuest products
- ProQuest product tools and resources
- Instructions for creating a custom log-in URL
- Instructions for creating a URL to search a set of publications
Stay connected with ProQuest Don’t miss any important information. Sign up to receive product-related emails, check out our blogs (ProQuest, K-12 and GradShare) or follow us on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Pinterest).
Still need assistance with your ProQuest products? If you have any remaining questions, please visit our Support Center and we’ll be happy to answer them.